22 January, 2009

Poems

Art

Laws and Rules Twist and Bend
The way that art "should" look
Trying to usurp to it's end
With theory and formula and stale old books
Math and Logic, Design and Convey
Copy, Paste, Repeat what I say
Dilluted, dull, covered with Gloss
Fits in well with the Hollywood Floss
Never quite real, the feel isn't there
The words of the Snake, going nowhere
Abstracted patterns, storms in the wind
loss of true living, true art is Sin
Winding, Not Minding, Right Brain over Left
Expressions Beyond the Perceptual Cleft
Clever with words, a poem must rhyme
and art should be pretty
not truthful, not shitty
And above all, remember
if you do some art
It's not really art
If the snobs don't say it is

1 comment:

muzuzuzus said...

Deep wonderful poems man. And you know now when I read them I often am hearing your voice reading them...?

do you think I need to see a shrink..?

LOL

Seriously....I didn't tell you before, but i LOVE your voice.

When I have been watching those latest videos you have done, and your voice, the tone. timbre, and accent, and soul, is really wonderful to hear, especially with the meaning