24 February, 2013

I'm not worthy

Thanks for the nomination for the award thingie, Drew. Drew nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is cool, becuase I didn't know anyone read this blog.

Anyway, here is my answering to Drew's queries.

1. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
I don't have any costumes and I probably shouldn't go naked.

2. What are your choice of toppings on a hamburger? And do you prefer gas or charcoal grilling?
I'm dietarily vegan, athough the best choice out there is a Portobello Sandwich at Union Station(I forget the name of the restaurant in DC). As for grilling, gas is bad for the environment but I hate the taste of charcoal.

3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
I have spoken enough to people in politics or in the public eye to know that there is nothing I could ask searingly that would get either an illuminating or interesting response. I'd probably ask him what his favorite Kid Cudi song was.

4. It’s your first day of vacation, what are you doing?
Trying to convince myself I'm having fun(but am actually sick to my stomach).

5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
Due to my decreasingy brittle, cavity ridden teeth, I don't partake in candy as much as I used to. Plus, I'm cheap. If I could though, jujubes or perhaps black licorice.

6. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
Pop ups. Spam is easier to get rid of.

7. What do you think Captain Hook’s name was before he had a hook for a hand?
James T. Hook, I think. He was one of Peter Pans friends, as are all the pirates, but when they eventually escaped and grew up, Peter decided they were enemies. The pirates work tirelessly to free Peter's slave Lost Boys.

8. Rock, paper, or scissors?
The Rock

9. How long was it from ‘the first date’ until the proposal of marriage? How long until the wedding?
Uh, what?

10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
Too loud definitely.
Can never be too quiet. I detest putting TVs on for noise.

11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person?
Honesty and Humility above all else.OK

OK, there we go, Drew. Thanks for the nomination. As the second part of the nomination I'm supposed to list 11 facts about me.

I'm Vegan, 5'6" so I get to shop in the boys department like Prince, Never eaten at Taco Bell, never smoked meth, hiked the south half of the Appalachian Trail, want to one day live in a small house in the middle of somewhere(not close to a city but not a nowhere) and I also don't have a college degree or a car . Is that 11 yet?

Thanks, Drew.

http://vedekdrew.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/this-is-the-liebster-award-thanks-for-this-milady/

Also, Andrea you're nominated. You're the only personal blog I read, but I still think you're great. Nominate someone else if you want to and tell 11 random facts about yourself. :)





2 comments:

Andrea Rouda said...

Oz: You only listed 8 things!
I love this post. It is interesting how many things you reject that others embrace; I so completely relate. And we have the same taste in candy; love those Jububes, and licorice is my downfall. (Interesting to note: I went to a cardiologist a few backs for my high blood pressure, and he said licorice is REALLY BAD for me because of its high salt content.)
Certainly you are worthy of many things, but then you know that I'm sure. Thanks for nominating me, for whatever that is!

ozjthomas said...

No prob, Andrea. Sorry you are having to give up licorice. I don't eat it that often but would miss buying on my birthday :p. As for rejecting things that others embrace, I'm strongly aware of that. I think part of it is purposeful, part is because I think too much about things(If you ask Obama about the environment, oil, gay rights or anything important, he would skirt around the issue). Not having a car, among other things is practical since its cheaper, but I realise I'm also quite stubborn and its not always realistic.